As a Veteran of the Armed Services, you are a valued member of the civilian workforce, with the skills, training, and character that many employers are looking for. Oakland County Michigan Works! Waterford strives to ensure that all Veterans have access to the tools needed to find good jobs with good wages and career pathways. Training opportunities including, on-the-job training and apprenticeships are available for eligible veterans.
Priority of Service / Oakland County Michigan Works! provides priority of service to all veterans and eligible spouses who receive services under any qualified job training program funded in whole or in part by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). Oakland County Michigan Works! will ensure that covered persons are made aware of:
- Their entitlement to Priority of Service;
- The full array of employment, training, and placement services; and
- Any applicable eligibility requirements for those programs and/or services and to ensure the right of eligible covered persons to take precedence over eligible non-covered persons in obtaining services.
Veterans Career Advisors
As State of Michigan Employees, Veterans Career Advisors provide intensive and individualized employment services to eligible veterans and spouses assisting them with overcoming significant barriers to employment. These services include (but are not limited to) guiding the program participant through the process of:
- Increasing resume marketability
- Improving interviewing skills
- Effectively using social networking
- Partnering with other service providers and organizations
Please visit your local Michigan Works! One-Stop Service Center for more information. Find a service center near you or call 800-285-WORKS (9675).Veterans’ Employment Services is on Facebook
For up to the minute updates Visit us on Facebook →Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency is on Facebook
To connect with us, sign up for Facebook today! →