- Download Microsoft Teams (Host audio, video, and web conferences with anyone. Get features such as scheduling assistance, meeting note taking, screen sharing, meeting recording, and instant messaging.)
- Creating a Microsoft Teams Meeting
- Joining Microsoft Teams Meeting
2020 Classroom Workshops
We have postponed all classroom workshops in light of COVID19. Please use the resources above and those offered on our Job Seeker Page. We offer career prep workshops free of charge at our facility at 7500 Highland Rd, Waterford Twp, MI 48327. Use the form at the bottom of this page to register. Please register online below or call us at 248-617-3600
- Effective Interviewing: Learn how to interview with confidence! This two-hour workshop will provide you with the information needed to be fully prepared for your next interview
- New trends in RESUME Writing, transitions to Sucess: Out with the old…in with the new. New trends in resume writing, transition to success!
- Online Job Search 101: Discover how to maximize your time and how to separate yourself from other job seekers through an effective online job search.
- Overcoming the Age Factor: Learn ways to overcome age-related stereotypes. Gain insight into working in a multi-generational office, updating a resume, job search and interview techniques.
- LinkedIn: This workshop will show you how to get started with step by step instructions on creating your LinkedIn account, how to complete your profile, do networking and make connections. You will learn what endorsements and recommendations are, how to job search, apply for jobs, use LinkedIn tools for keeping track of your job searches, and more.
- Side Gig: Learn how work and workplaces are changing and how to thrive in a gig-economy. This workshop will explore short-term or temporary contracts, and freelance work as opposed to permanent, full-time employment.
- Personal Branding & Networking: What’s your brand? In short, it’s your reputation. In building your personal brand, you will define your individuality, maximize your strengths and manage your choices now to create future opportunities. Take charge of your professional success—stand out while being your best self. Networking: Learn how to network and connect with others, and explore networking on social media sites.
- Small Business Start-Up: A look at the personal, technical, and legal considerations of starting a small business including business plans, finances, and marketing plus resources for assistance.
- Career Assistance Program Enrollment Session: Attending an enrollment session is the first step in the Career Assistance Program. The program provides an opportunity to work with a Career Advisor for individualized career planning/advice, including resume review, job search support, and interview preparation. During the group session, you will learn about all career services offered at our center, potential training opportunities for eligible participants, complete the registration paperwork and get scheduled with your Career Advisor.