As a Veteran of the Armed Services, you are a valued member of the civilian workforce, with the skills, training, and character that many employers are looking for. Oakland County Michigan Works! Waterford strives to ensure that all Veterans have access to the tools needed to find good jobs with good wages and career pathways.
Training opportunities including on-the-job training and apprenticeships are available for eligible Veterans.
Priority of Service / Oakland County Michigan Works! provides priority of service to all Veterans and eligible spouses who receive services under any qualified job training program funded in whole or in part by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). We will ensure that covered persons are made aware of:
- Their entitlement to Priority of Service;
- The full array of employment, training, and placement services; and
- Any applicable eligibility requirements for those programs and/or services to ensure eligible covered persons take precedence over eligible non-covered persons in obtaining services.
Veterans Career Advisors / As State of Michigan Employees, Veterans Career Advisors provide intensive, individualized employment services to eligible Veterans and spouses assisting them with overcoming significant barriers to employment. These services include (but are not limited to):
- Increasing resume marketability
- Improving interviewing skills
- Effectively using social networking
- Partnering with other service providers and organizations
Please visit your local Michigan Works! One-Stop Service Center for more information. Find a service center near you or call 800-285-WORKS (9675). Veterans Employment Services is on Facebook
For the latest updates visit us on Facebook → Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency
To connect, sign up for Facebook today!